October 13th, 2016. Yesterday FOX Filed a voluntary recall for certain FLOAT X2 Shock Absorbers. The full press release is available here, below is a list of FAQ’s relating to the recall. At this time we cannot provide any additional information.
1. Can I keep riding my bike? Can I get injured? Can I wait till after my race/riding season is over? I’ve been riding my bike for over a year with no issues, do I have to stop riding now?
a. “Consumers should immediately stop using this product.”
2. I have bikes on the shop floor with the Float X2 shock. Can I sell the bikes till this recall gets finalized
a. “If the Float X2 shock has “250 psi max” label directly under the air fill boss on the outer sleeve, the bike can be sold” (Pictured to the left)
b. “If the Float X2 shock does not have a “250 psi max” label directly under the air fill boss on the outer sleeve, all retailers, distributors, and OEM customers should hold this product and stop sales and distribution until further instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.”
3. What’s wrong with the Float X2 shock?
a. “FOX has learned that under certain conditions, some Float X2 shock absorbers air sleeves can rupture due to the increase in internal pressure which occurs during shock absorber compression
4. Can I send it now to FOX/local bike shop to get serviced?
a. “Until we have a plan finalized and approved by the CPSC, we cannot provide any additional information. The information will be forthcoming.”
5. Are any other FOX products affected?
a. “Only model year 2016 Float X2 and certain model year 2017 Float X2 rear shock absorbers are affected.”
6. Any other questions
a. “Until FOX have a plan finalized and approved by the CPSC, we cannot provide any additional information. The information will be forthcoming.”